A wood entry door can last a lifetime when installed in an adequate opening and properly maintained with regular frequency. All MAI doors must be installed beneath an overhang that extends outward at least a distance equal to one-half the distance from the bottom of the door up to the overhang (see diagram to right) as a condition of the MAI warranty.
All MAI doors (except Ambassador, HomeTowne, Mid Century Modern and Knotty Alder) are warranted for FIVE years from the date of shipment. All glass(with the exception of the glass in Ambassador and HomeTowne Doors) is warranted for TEN years. Ambassador and HomeTowne doors and glass are warranted for ONE year.
For all details pertaining to our product warranties, click on the links below.
- Lack of adequate overhang
- Lack of proper initial finish by the customer
- Lack of regular finish upkeep and maintenance
- Staining or painting your door a very dark or black color
- Furthermore, installing a storm door over your MAI door will void the warranty